- PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF 1 APRIL 2013 THIS PAGE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATION ONLY. THE DOWNLOADABLE FORMS WILL ASSIST YOU IN KNOWING WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED FOR YOUR APPLICATION> ALL APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE COMPLETED VIA THE ONLINE FACILITY AT:
NB @ JULY 2014:
RECENTLY THE SAHRIS SERVICE HAS BEEN UNRELIABLE WITH REGARD TO BUILT ENVIRONMENT APPLICATIONS.
AMAFA HAS DECIDED THAT IN VIEW OF THIS IT WILL ACCEPT EMAILED APPLICATIONS. THIS RELATES MAINLY TO FORMS A, H AND I. DOWNLOAD THE FORM, COMPLETE MANUALLY, SCAN AND SAVE AS PDF, AND EMAIL TO THE RELEVANT CASE OFFICER AT AMAFA.
AMAFA IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON DEVELOPING AN INDEPENDENT ONLINE PERMITTING SYSTEM THAT WILL REMEDY THE SAHRIS PROBLEMS.
Download general information on how the heritage legislation applies to the built environment (old legislation)
MANUAL COMPLETION FORMS
(Forms you can download and complete by hand, scan and send to us by email, fax or post)
- DOWNLOAD FORM A: : Demolish, alter, add to a structure older than 60 yrs
- DOWNLOAD FORM H: Alteration of any plan of a Heritage Landmark, Provincial Landmark
- DOWNLOAD FORM I: Condonement of illegal work
(forms you can complete on your PC in a PDF Reader such as ADOBE. NB If you are using ADOBE READER, you wont be able to save your filled form, but will be able to print it).
To be able to save your form you need a PDF Editor such as ADOBE ACROBAT (expensive for home users)
or FOXIT PDF or PDF Xchange Viewer. which are freely available for download. Just Google to find the download link
DOWNLOAD FORM A: Demolish, alter, add to a structure older than 60 yrs (E-Form)
DOWNLOAD FORM B Damage, alteration, exhumation: Grave of victim of conflict (E-Form)
DOWNLOAD FORM H Alteration of any plan of a Heritage Landmark, Provincial Landmark (E-Form)
THE SAME PROBLEMS HAVE NOT BEEN ENCOUNTERED WITH SECTION 38 PERMITS (FORMS B,C,D,E,F,J) - IE THOSE APPLICATIONS DEALING WITH NEW DEVELOPEMENTS & ARCHAEOLOGY. THESE APPLICATIONS SHOULD STILL BE SUBMITTED VIA SAHRIS
- DOWNLOAD FORM J: Need and Desireability ( FILLABLE PDF form) - Archaeology
- DOWNLOAD FORM B: Damage, alteration, exhumation: Grave of victim of conflict (FILLABLE PDF form)
- DOWNLOAD FORM C: Damage, alteration, exhumation: Archaeological grave (FILLABLE PDF form)
- DOWNLOAD FORM D: Damage, excavate, alter: Archaeological, Rock Art, Battlefield site (FILLABLE PDF form)
- DOWNLOAD FORM E: Exhume, destroy, collect or own material from Archaeological & Battlefield site (FILLABLE PDF form)
THE FOLLOWING REQUIRE A MANUAL SUBMISSION