Umbilo Shri Ambalavanaar Alayam Temple

Also known as the Second River Temple, it was built to replace the original (First River) temple which was built in 1875 and which was the first Hindu Temple in Africa. The First River Temple was washed away in the floods of 1905 and the building was reconstructed in 1946 at 815 Bellair Road, where it is still in use.

From: